18 March 2009

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

Nearly everyone believes in God in some form or another. Whether we are Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Satanist, Wiccan, Muslim, or even atheist, we still believe in a “God” that is the center of our life. Even if that God is ourself.

Most American's follow the Judeo-Christian path, but are tolerant of other paths and beliefs. Our founding fathers may have derived our principles and laws from their religious beliefs, but they mirror other beliefs as well.

I far as I’m concerned, God is the center of my life. Not because I obsess over him and waste time justifying all my actions and decisions with what’s in the bible, but because my parents raised me by the 10 commandments and taught me there are consequences for my actions. The Bible, The Koran, the sacred Hindu and Buddha texts, even the 11 Satanic laws are a good guide to live by. I have faith that God will take care of me if I am open to him try to use my God given gifts and talents to their fullest.

There are a lot of people, especially extreme liberal atheists who are trying to get me to adopt their views. They say there is no God and we have to “look out for number one”. They deem anything that teaches responsibility and morality to the younger generations “religious” and proceed to remove it from all of society.

Take a good look at the younger generations. While there are a few that still excel, the majority don’t know American history, barely made it through general math and science, can’t find Afghanistan on a map, have no clue what the laws of the land are quite frankly don’t care. They either have no idea what grammar is or consciously choose to ignore it and have subsequently destroyed verbal and written English as it once was. But ask them who tops the pop charts or who got eliminated from American Idol last week and they’re up to date on that news.

I look at the generations after me and am disgusted. They have no sense of self worth. They choose to be dumb because they don’t like school. They’re smoking and drinking by the time they reach middle school. They have sex freely and often don’t bother with contraception because they honestly think it won’t happen to them. And if it does, who cares? They can get an abortion and go on to their next partner.

Unfortunately, even the ones who do well really aren’t because the standards have dropped so much even in the 11 years since I graduated school. Rather then improve the quality of education, they lower the over all standards so it LOOKS like more students are doing better. God needs to be welcomed back into the schools again. His laws, which our criminal justice system is based on, need to be taught again. You don’t have to believe in God if you don’t want to. But you still need to obey the law.  We’ve tried taking God out of school and look where it got us? We can’t even have a moment of silence where atheist children can plan their evenings or do something else while the religious children say a prayer to themselves. Where God is the center of my life, too often they are the centers of their own lives. At the expense of all those around them.

The atheists and the ACLU forget that is a democracy and the majority of Americans believe a God. They may call him God, Yahweh, Buddha, Vishnu, Satan, Jehovah, or the God and Goddess but their faith if firm and we’re tired of being attacked because we want to raise the standards of morality and responsibility.

People of ALL faiths need to unite in a solid front and show them that there are more of us then them. We need to let them know:

We still believe in God and he is still the center of our lives.

No comments: